Active Portfolio Management
Active portfolio management is a strategy of managing assets by continually re-positioning portfolios to take advantage of the most favorable opportunities.
Active equity portfolio management is a winnowing process of reducing a large universe of stocks to approximately 15 to 20 names that can used in clients’ portfolios. Our disciplined, bottom-up approach combines objective, quantitative research with subjective stock evaluation, seeking above average long-term growth in our clients’ portfolios, while at the same time explicitly controlling for portfolio risk.
- The Portfolio is adjusted when opportunities arise and/or market conditions change.
- The process takes advantage of market inefficiencies.
- Targeted security selection adds value.
- Attractive cash flow potential.
- Moderation of volatility on equity returns (risk control).